United Teachers Educational Foundation
The mission of the United Teachers Educational Foundation (“UTEF”) is to improve teaching. UTEF provides funding and support for several unique programs housed at UTLA, which are sponsored by UTLA independently or in partnership with LAUSD.
UTLA’s United Teacher Educational Foundation is one of the Charitable Agencies to which LAUSD employees and students can make tax-deductible donations (see www.ulta.net, link to Professional Development and Scholarships).
Another mission of the UTEF is to raise student achievement and improve communication between school and education stakeholders. To those ends, UTEF provides funding and support for student scholarships and several unique programs housed at UTLA that model teacher education and professional development that truly supports what teachers do. These include the following:
- Six Scholarship Programs
- Christa McAuliffe Scholarship
- Rigoberto Ruelas Scholarship
- Ruben Salazar Scholarship
- Sue Embrey Scholarship (Asian Pacific Communities)
- Stonewall Scholarship
- See www.utla.net for specific information regarding dates, qualifications, etc.
- The institute for standards, Curricula, and Assessment, which brings the rigorous practice of lesson study to schools.
- The Collective Bargaining Institute, which is recognized by the ALF-CIO as the premier labor-in-the-schools program in the nation.
- The Support Network, the most successful program of any district in the nation for preparing teachers to become National Board Certified Teachers.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to be part of the Consolidated Campaign to raise funds for student scholarships, teacher education and professional development in a way that empowers the recipients”
- Arlene Inouye, UTLA Treasurer