Mission. Vision. Oversight.
Since 1992, LAUSD has invited 11 of Los Angeles' most diverse and respected charitable agencies to participate in its consolidated charitable employee-giving campaign, Sharing Brings Hope. AII 11 agencies are licensed, fiscally responsible organizations who, together, raise funds for over 400 individual charities. The Sharing Brings Hope Campaign consolidates all of the District's Fundraising efforts to a single annual occurrence. lts mission is to provide funding for programs that assist in meeting the health, social, environmental, and educational needs of the communities that LAUSD serves.
The goal of the 2021 Sharing Brings Hope Campaign is to exceed 2020's total donations (both cash and payroll deductions) of $275,883.53 and increase payroll deduction and overall participation. How can you, as a Campaign Coordinator, help accomplish this year's goal?
- School Participation - 20% School Participation = 282 School District Wide
- Employee Participation: 3,373 = 150% Increase in Employee Participation
- 4.5% of Total LAUSD Employee Workforce
- Average of 4 New Payroll Deductions per Participating Schools
- Employee Gifts - $4.25 per Pay Period
2021 Communal Goals
- Ensure wholistic safety and wellbeing of LAUSD students, families, and residents
- Provide resources that diminish inequities and facilitate environments conducive to flourishing
- Close the educational and technological gap
- Secure Housing, Living Wage Employment, Nourished Living and Natural Environments, Education Access, Culturally Relevant Programming, Access to Healthcare